Sunday, September 9, 2007

Eric Thoughts!!

The journey that Mandy and I have been on over the past year has definitely been the most intense moment that I have ever had to deal with. It has definitely been a rocky road of uncertainty. I have found myself many times asking, "What can I hope for?" The suspicion of infertility and the eventual validation of that suspicion was traumatic. I realize that disappointment and the prospect of unrealized expectations occur in life, but never did I imagine that the news of infertility would be to be at a higher degree.

I truly believe that God has a plan for all of us, even the infertile. In Ephesians 1:11-12, it states, "In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory." How wonderful to know that our lives are not off track. Within God's plan everything fits together perfectly.

To our family and friends I want to say that we need your support, your attention, your love and to be excited for us. We have been told that this is not going to be an easy process and can be even more emotional that infertility at times. Please be patient with us. We know it is hard to understand what internal emotions we deal with on a daily basis. I know there is a child that God has picked out for Mandy and I. I am excited about that.

2 comments:

(aunt) Leslie said...

I'm convinced that you guys ARE parents who are waiting for God to reveal your child's identity to you.

Thank you for starting this blog so I can keep updated on your progress.

I love you both!

Unknown said...

This blog is amazing! I love you both and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

"He upholds the cause of the oppressed...He sustains the fatherless and the widow" -psalm 146:7&9