Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Adoption birthday!






















Cohen Bennett is now officially a Moore!!! Yesterday was a wonderful day. We legally finalized Cohen's adoption into our family. The judge was so kind, having us introduce all the people that were there to support and witness this day. He then allowed us all to take pictures with him! It couldn't have gone better. Although it was an important day we will never forget and tell Cohen about for years, it didn't feel like any weight off our shoulders or like something huge had been accomplished. Excited to be reminded of the gift we've been given, we enjoyed it, but the feeling of the day to me felt like a formality and not truly a "finalizing" of his place in our family. I am glad it felt that way. I am glad I didn't feel like, "whew, we made it" as if I was fearing a different outcome. He is ours, always has been and we are so in love with him. Last night I was watching tv and on the show a little girl was sick and needing surgery. While the parents stood there looking at their little girl, unsure of what would happen with her health, I began to think of Cohen and not morbidly like, 'what if something happens to him' but something just got my mind off on a thought of how deeply connected I feel to him and how that he has just rocked me to the core in terms of love. I guess that's just the feeling of being a mom. I went into his room with tears just streaming down my face and prayed for him and for Eric and I and for every person that teaches or has influence on him. I am so glad that I can feel this kind of love. It is different than a romantic love or a friendship love. It is amazing and I am just so so thankful for Cohen and to God for doing what is quite obviously His workmanship.






On sunday, we dedicated Cohen at church and the picture with the green overall type outfit is from that day. My talented mother made that outfit for him and she made his brown pants he is wearing in the other pictures. Isn't she great???






As I said in the last post, Cohen is all over the place now. He does an army crawl, but just in the last 2 days he has really gotten good and crawling on his hands and knees! He is saying all kinds of new sounds and loves to echo our sounds. I frequently find him standing in his bed hollaring for me to come and get him after a nap... not mad, just like he is saying" HEY!!! MOM!!! I AM AWAKE!!! Too cute. I love this stage he is in!

9 comments:

AJH said...

Congratulations...that is a wonderful day! We have been blessed to go through that day two times over and those are days we will never forget!

So Happy For You!!!

alicia said...

congrats! so happy for you :)

Kelly B said...

Congratulations! I saw your blog connected to a friend's blog (Leslie H) and saw your post about finalizing the adoption of your son. I understand how excited you all must be and how great of a celebration it is! We too are planning to finalize our adoption of our son, Brock, very soon. We are very excited!
Congrats again to your family!
Adoption is such a blessing!
Brandon and Kelly

Anonymous said...

He just gets cuter and cuter! Congats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!I wish I could have been there.

Tracey said...

What a wonderful day....I can't wait for our day...we sign the papers to be filed by the lawyer today!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!!

Karalee said...

That's awesome! Congratulations :)

Ginny said...

I'm so happy for you guys! He is such a cutie! My eyes welled up reading your entry and looking at those precious pictures!!! CONGRATS!

"He upholds the cause of the oppressed...He sustains the fatherless and the widow" -psalm 146:7&9